Lition is the world's first mass market energy trading platform
Lition (www.lition.de) is a young Berlin-based startup creating transparency, value and environmental sustainability into a traditionally old-school sector which has lacked innovation: electrical energy. Lition directly links clean energy producers to smart consumers. Producers get higher returns, consumers pay lower prices, and the environment benefits from cleaner energy use. We're live and operational in Germany with our core product eletricity, and are adding additional products like solar panel installations/rent models to become the No.1 fully digital, decentralized and decarbonized energy market place. We're a small group of talented, young-at-heart, fun-loving entrepreneurs convinced that advanced technology can fundamentally transform the way we consume energy for the better – and disrupt an industry full of large, traditional energy corporations.
Chief Financial Officer
We're extending our management and are searching for a Chief Financial Officer to complement our current leadership. The two founders have their expertise in marketing & sales (Kyung) and technology & operations (Richard), but not in financial topics. As these topics are becoming more and more vital for our ambitious growth we are in need of a talented CFO.
We’re looking for a CFO that can bring Lition to the next growth trajectory, from a small startup to a mid-sized scale-up. To bring truly green energy to our customers. And to utilize the best and most advanced technologies for a best-in-class finance function.
- Responsibiliy over all financial issues of Lition
- Accounting (incl. taxes, year-end-closing, etc.)
- Controlling (incl. business cases, financial analysis, etc.)
- Human Ressources
- Assess and evaluate financial performance with regard to operational goals, budgets and forecast
- Create and establish financial objectives that allign with the company's plan for growth and expansion
- Supervise the accounting to ensure the proper function of all systems and software as well as manage our finance-related third parties,
such as our tax advisor, our auditor, and HR payroll service company
- Oversee cash management, approve payables and authorize large cash transfers
- Own, plan, and execute with the team both the short-term and long-term strategy of the startup which includes everything from products design to market entry to revenue assurance
- Develop a plan to raise external capital to grow the company
- Live our flat hierarchies, like working directly with our leadership
- Fun: Without it, every role sucks!
- You have experience and knowledge in running or growing a venture-backable business, preferably in a senior product or operational role ; C-level experience is a plus, but not required.
- You are highly strategic and analytical and understand how to work backwards with the end goal in mind
- You have a optimistic attitude; as building a startup is THE most difficult job in the world
- Your are detail-oriented and not afraid of rolling up the sleeves and going deep into the weeds
- You are scrappy and resourceful, and know how to leverage both internal and external resources
- You have a Master, MBA or PhD degree in a business-related field
- You work in Berlin
- You are fluent in German and English
What we offer
- The ability to make the difference
- Open communication culture with a close working relationship and a world-class team of advisors of our sister-company Lition Technology (see www.lition.io for a list)
- Competitive compensation package
- Company stock options
- Special employee discount rates on electrical energy for your home or apartment in Germany
- Exclusive Lition employee 35% bicycle discount on some of the coolest bikes around- making you green with transit as well
- Some of the best, freshly-baked banana bread in Germany!
To apply, please submit:
- Your CV
- References we should know
- A short cover letter saying why this opportunity is interesting and relevant for you. Oh, also we'd love it if you told us a joke that you like.